Monday, November 5, 2007

Behind the Times



I was looking in the Provice today at the "Whatzit" puzzle. Today's Whatzit had the words "Thyme" and "Time" written backwords in the box. The Solution to the puzzle was "behind the times."

I was reading further in the Province about a 95 year old grandmother from spain who was the self-proclamed "oldest blogger in the world". It's a cute article about how when Maria Amelia Lopez turned 95 her grandson made her a blog. She writes on her front page "My friends in Internet, today I am 95 years old. My name is Amelia and I was born in Muxía (A Coruña - Spain) on December the 23rd of 1911. Today it's my birthday and my grandson, who is very stingy, gave me a blog."
Since then, she has continued the blogging with the help of her grandson and has recieved thousands of hits. (I wish my blog would sky-rocket like hers did...hehehe.) Unfortunately, I tried to read her blog but found it quite confusing as most of it is in spanish (which makes sence seeing as she is from spain). The blogs that were not spanish were simply stories about her blogging from newspapers and the like. If you read spanish or are further interested in reading Maria Amelia Lopez's blog, you can find her at http://amis95.blogspot.com.

However, the article touched slightly on the fact that Maria Amelia Lopez was in fact NOT the oldest blogger in the world and that "the oldest blogger in the world" title actually goes to 108 year-old Olive Riley from Australia. I went to her blog and started reading. It is quite interesting and somewhat entertaining too. This witty woman is sure cute!
I am not sure who "Mike" is specifically but Olive (or Ollie as she is named in her blog) has the help of Mike in writing her blog. If you are interested in reading it, you can find her at www.allaboutolive.com.au/.

Clearly these two grandmothers are not "behind the times"!
Maria Amelia Lopez, 95, author of "95 years old blogger".

Olive Riley, 108, author of "The Life of Riley".