Sunday, February 8, 2009

My Blogging Bandwagon Had a Flat

Hello to all out there in cyberspace,

I should really stop doing this but, yes it has been a LONG time since I have last blogged! November of 2008 to be exact! In fact, it is already the second month in the new year of 2009 and this is the first time I have blogged.

Having said that, I'm changing over a new leaf! Alright, so maybe it'll be the same leaf but I'm going to turn it over... and over, and over, and over once again until I get back into the swing of things. Speaking of swings... alright, you caught me. I've got nothing!

I need new ideas. I need inspiration. I need something to talk about. I need a snack!

Speaking of snacks... (haha and I do have something this time) I am trying to cut down on my snacks. I am trying to cut down on my "muffin top" or "water belly" as I like to call it. Yes, that's right, the once super ridiculously skinny Kari is now facing body image issues.
I never thought I would. I thought I had such a super confident sense of self no matter what came my way. Then again, that was when I was dancing 4 days a week for at least 1 to 2 hours at a time.

I used to be active. I used to be healthy. I used to be skinny. Now, not so much!

I am trying though! I bought a Tony Little Gazelle off of Craigslist for $50. What a bargain!!! It's super fun! Not just super fun... SUPER FUN!!! I try to work out at least 3 days a week on this thing. I find it hard though sometimes because I tend to feel quite bogged down after school or work and then I just don't want to! I enjoy watching the video that came with it though. Tony Little is CRAZY! But I do find him motivating for the most part. During the cool down, Tony talks about working out and how the hardest part is actually getting to and getting motivated to do the work out. He says though, "you always feel better after a workout". This is my cue to yell at Tony Little through my t.v. and say "BULL SH*T! I FEEL LIKE CRAP! I'm so tired, my legs hurt, my arms are throbbing and you KNOW my Rear End will not like me the next morning" To which he just smiles and continues telling me about how he got hit by a lobster truck. WHO GETS HIT BY A LOBSTER TRUCK???

Anyways, I digress... I think one of the hardest parts of losing weight is having stability. Maintaining a healthy diet and regular exercise routine all the time. I guess it's more about self-discipline, and the fact that I have none! I need to be more motivated and self-disciplined.

Perhaps I can blog my efforts. Maybe that will keep me motivated. It could be entertaining to you all as well. I don't guarantee it, but I can try!

I'm going to attempt to start making some changes and adding some new stuff on here. If there is anything you wish to see on my blog please let me know. I'd really appreciate the feedback!

Ciao!

No comments: